- 1. LDEO screening procedures
- 2. Update on M07
- 3. Chief scientists check out their list with Emilie
- 4. Fisheries and permitting:
- 5. CIET Action Items Page is only accessible to CIET members
- 6. Education and Outreach Update
- Update on LDEO data screening procedures. Also, do we know the sites of interest? (Maya)
- Update on M07 (Maya and Richard)
- Reminder: Chief scientists to send us confirmation of OBSs to be deployed/recovered
- Explanation of fisheries permitting including information in kmz from Bob. See message below. (Bob and Anne)
- E&O update
- Repository for each cruise
1. LDEO screening procedures
2. Update on M07
Looked at two positions, deep one, nearby and which site above a 1000 m. Will talk to fisherman about this site to find location above 1000 m. Relative desire to be as close to original location as possible. Instrument is at 1500 m depth. 1000 contour is at limit. Original intended location was 500 m. As close to year 1 as possible or not.
3. Chief scientists check out their list with Emilie
4. Fisheries and permitting:
5. CIET Action Items Page is only accessible to CIET members
6. Education and Outreach Update
- 3 candidates from 3 community colleges for CC@sea. Application materials for 2 students, with a quick decision promised. cruise with Bob Dziak is the target. 3 people - Dean and 2 candidates
- Also will have 2 marine mammal observers
- OSU outreach planned with Sea grant and could combine efforts
- New Horizon has 19 scientific berths
- Dean wants to document a pickup cruise.
Action Item: Listing of each cruise with berthing available.
Seismometer at school grants
Co-authored a grant with 6 lane county school programs. State grant, one of 6. Schools and teachers named. Claimed a 3 week turnaround on funding notice. Teach professional development on this. Using seismometers from UO pool as initial deployment. Need to follow up on this. Engaged partners and local schools. Try something locally and move somewhere else in PNW.
UO president and E&O - center for STEM outreach