- Rick (Good by and hello)
- Cruise Report
Subawards for 2011 will be extended to end of Aug. 2013. Supplement for 2012 is still in NSF DGA - ORSA should contact Dianna Digianova at NSF DGA. Why is this taking so long? Approved by OCE weeks ago.
Action Item: Doug to send out a copy of the NSF Fastlane page that says recommended.
Spending out Year 1 by June 31st - is this necessary or will this role over into Year 2? To be determined.
Rick Carlson is rotating out of NSF and his replacement is Donna Blackman. The CIET thanked Rick for his strong support and steady guidance. The CIET also invited Rick to be an ex officio member of the CIET
Action Item: Establish Rick as an ex officio member of OBSIP
Siting of M07 (Leg 2, July 10 - July 24 2012, R/V Thompson)
- J33 - in same location as from Yr1
- M18/M07: green dot to west is the current M07 location which is just inside fisheries reserve, but in water >1000 m.
- M18B is the one that they have asked the fishermen about - 950m water depth. Two other possible sites are shallower
- J25 in same location as Yr 1
- M09B - two proposed sites
- J17 at proposed site
- M10B - two proposed sites
Fishermen - have passed on the 8 possible locations to them. Promising feedback this and next week.
Dziak gave 3 names for fisheries contact: Katie Hildebrand; Scott McMullin, Scott - passed on to Katie and Brad Pittenger.
William: Foreign clearances - is there generic text? SIO did it for the New Horizon cruise. The vessel operator enters it into the RATS system. Chief scientist provides the content and the ship operator uploads it.
Cruise #3 - Dziak on New Horizon
- 2 CC@sea
- 3 SIO engineers
- 3 NOAA - assistant & E&O person
- 2 MMOs
- Foreign vessel clearance done by SIO
- Cruise participants
Cruise #4 - Hooft/Wilcock on Oceanus
- participant list getting close pending MMOs
- Interfacing with WHOI re OBSIP personnel
- Cruise #5 - Toomey/Schwartz - should have room for participants
- Cruise #6 - should have room for participants